Culinary mastery requires excellent tools. That’s why Amefa offers a wide range of kitchen knives which can effectively deal with all kinds of different tasks. Whether you’re a novice cook or an experienced chef, Amefa kitchen knives will help you prepare every dish! Enjoy every cooking experience with Amefa kitchen knives!
Care instructions for kitchen knives
Quality is very important to Amefa. Our products are made from high quality stainless steel, which gives them great corrosion resistance (resistance against rust) and makes the products dishwasher safe. However, we highly recommend washing some of our kitchen knife ranges by hand to keep them in optimal condition. Check the packaging of your purchase to see what applies to your kitchen knives. If you do want to clean the knives in the dishwasher, we advise you to follow the care instructions below to keep your kitchen knives in good condition and to prevent staining.
• Wash all products before you use them for the first time.
• Always rinse your kitchen knives with water after use and before placing them in the dishwasher.
• Remains of food, salt, mineral salts (present in tap water), vinegar, bleach and harsh detergents can cause stains or pitting if the knives are not cleaned thoroughly after use of these products.
• Do not use too much detergent or rinse aid, because these are corrosive in high concentrations.
• Never leave the kitchen knives soaking in water for a longer period of time.
• Given the possibility of ‘contact corrosion’ (caused by contact between various types of metal), we recommend packing the knives separately from forks and/or spoons in the cutlery basket.
• Place the knives with their blades pointing upwards in the dishwasher.
• When the cleaning programme is finished, open the door to prevent condensation forming on the knives. Preferably, remove the knives from the dishwasher and dry them with a soft cloth or towel.